Frank Gounelas Curriculum vitae
Academic Interests: I am interested in algebraic geometry, in particular rationally connected varieties, positivity of bundles and cycles, birational geometry and questions in positive characteristic.
2004-2007: BSc Joint Mathematics and Computer Science - Imperial College London
2007-2008: MSci Mathematics and the Foundations of Computer Science - Oxford University
2008-2013: DPhil in Mathematics - Oxford University
2012: Postdoc - Humboldt University of Berlin
2013: MATCH postdoc - Heidelberg University
2013-2018: Assistant to G. Farkas - Humboldt University of Berlin
2018-: Postdoc to C. Liedtke - Technische Uni München
Reading Groups and Seminars:
Conferences/Workshops I attended or that am planning to attend:
- Jan 2009, Aspects de la geometrie algebrique: la posterite mathematique de Grothendieck, Conference, Paris, France
- Apr 2009, Counting Points on Varieties: Stieltjes Onderwijsweek, Workshop, Leiden, NL
- Jun 2009, Doctoral program on Diophantine Geometry, Workshop, Rennes, France
- Jul 2009, Non-Abelian Fundamental Groups in Arithmetic Geometry: Introductory Workshop, Conference, Cambridge, UK
- Aug 2009, Non-Abelian Fundamental Groups in Arithmetic Geometry: Anabelian Geometry, Conference, Cambridge, UK
- Sep 2009, Arithmetic and algebraic geometry of higher-dimensional varieties, Conference, Bristol, UK
- Jan-Mar 2010, Galois Quarter, Institut Henri Poincare, Paris, France
- Jan 2010, Torsion of Abelian Schemes and Rational Points on Moduli Spaces, Conference, Bordeaux, France
- Feb 2010, The Arithmetic of Fundamental Groups, Conference, Heidelberg, Germany
- Apr 2010, Cohomologie des varietes algebriques, Theorie de Hoge, Cycles algebriques,Motifs, Conference, Institute Henri Poincare, Paris, France
- Jun 2010, Aspects arithmetiques des courbes rationnelles, Summer school, Grenoble, France
- Oct 2010, Arithmetic of Surfaces, Conference, Leiden, Holland
- Jan 2011, School on Moduli Spaces, Workshop, Cambridge, UK
- May 2011, Moduli spaces and moduli stacks, Conference, New York, US
- Oct 2011, AGNES Stony Brook 2011, Conference, Stony Brook, US
- Jun 2012, Summer school on moduli, Summer school, Norway
- Jun 2012, GAeL summer school, Summer school, Grenoble, France
- Sep 2012, Workshop on Cohomological Methods in Arithmetic Geometry, Conference, Zurich, Switzerland
- Oct 2012, Geometry and Topology of Moduli, Conference, Berlin, Germany
- Apr 2013, Characteristic p methods in Algebraic Geometry, Workshop, London, UK
- Aug 2014, Complex Analysis and Geometry, Conference, Freiburg, Germany
- Aug 2014, Moduli and Automorphic Forms, Summer school, Budapest, Hungary
- Sep 2014, Algebraic Varieties: Bundles, Topology, Physics, Conference, Berlin, Germany
- Sep 2014, Topics in characteristic p>0 and p-adic geometry, School, Lukecin, Poland
- Sep 2014, British Algebraic Geometry meeting, Conference, Warwick, UK
- Dec 2014, Birational methods in hyperkahler geometry, Workshop, Bonn, Germany
- Jul 2015, AMS Summer Institute in Algebraic Geometry, Conference, Utah, US
- Aug 2015, Recent advances in algebraic and arithmetic geometry, School, Siena, Italy
- Jun 2016, Classical Algebraic Geometry, Conference,
- Jul 2016, Algebraization Theorems, Workshop, Tatihou, France
- Aug 2016, Geometry at the ANU, School and conference, Canberra, Australia
- Aug 2016, Current trends in algebraic and arithmetic geometry, Workshop, Isle Vlieland, Holland
- Feb 2017, Newton-Okounkov bodies, Test Configurations, and Diophantine Geometry, Workshop, Banff, Canada
- Apr 2017, Positivity in algebraic and complex geometry, Workshop, Edinburgh, UK.
- Aug 2017, Moduli and Automorphic forms Berlin-Holland cooperation, summer school, Texel Island.
- Sep 2017, Positivity in Higher-dimensional Geometry: Higher-codimensional Cycles and Newton-Okounkov Bodies, workshop, Oberwolfach.
- Apr 2018, Crystals and Geometry in Characteristic p, Conference, Munich.
- Apr 2018, AMS Sectional meeting, Special Session on Geometry of Moduli Spaces, Conference, Boston.
- Apr 2018, Hausdorff junior algebraic geometry follow-up, Conference, Bonn.