About MeWelcome to my webpage. In case there are any questions feel free to contact me.
- office: 2.421 in RUD25 (Rudower Chaussee 25, 12489 Berlin)
- email: roesel[at]math.hu-berlin.de
Until recently, I have been working as a research assistant in the field of Mathemical Optimization within the Applied Mathematics research group of Prof. Dr. Michael Hintermüller at the Department of Mathematics of the HU Berlin, and partially at the Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz.
- approximation of nonsmooth optimization problems and variational inequalities
- finite element methods
- density properties of pointwise constraint sets in Sobolev spaces
- semismooth Newton methods
- infinite-dimensional algorithms for elasto-plasticity (hardening, perfect plasticity, contact problems, friction)
- image processing
- PDE-constrained optimization
- functional analysis
- association football/soccer, volleyball, languages